Dive into Daisy's Garden Supplies’ expansive collection under the Synthetic Turf category, where high-quality meets versatility. Are you on the hunt for the perfect synthetic turf or artificial grass for your landscaping project? Look no further! Whether it's a synthetic turf for dogs, elevating your backyard aesthetics with a synthetic turf lawn, or aiming for that golfer's dream with a synthetic turf putting green, we have you covered. Our range is not only vast but also tailored for various applications—be it sporting grounds, school playgrounds, childcare centres, council facilities, sport fields, minigolf, or outdoor entertaining areas. In addition, our top-tier synthetic grass adhesive and synthetic turf glue ensure a top-quality installation and a grass which will stay pristine for years.
Daisy's Garden Supplies recognises the urgency of your projects, which is why we've streamlined our distribution across Melbourne and Geelong. With eight stores conveniently located throughout these regions, you're never too far from obtaining the best in artificial grass. Whether you're searching for "artificial grass near me" in Melbourne or narrowing down to "artificial grass Geelong", we've got your back. Offering efficient synthetic turf delivery, we ensure that your project timeline is always on track. Plus, for those who prefer an in-person experience, our friendly staff at each location is ever-ready to assist with pick-ups and expert advice. Dive into Daisy’s and transform your space today whether it is with our quality delivery or pick up service!
How to lay synthetic turf?
We have posted an article with a step to step guide on how to lay synthetic turf, check it out here!
Artificial grass and paving ideas?
- Balcony Gardens: Transform urban balconies or terraces with artificial grass for a garden feel.
- Driveways & Pathways: Integrate synthetic grass strips in driveways or alongside garden paths for a touch of green.
- Play Areas: Use artificial grass under children's play areas or swing sets for a safe, soft surface.
- Around Water Features: Enhance the areas around pools or ponds with synthetic grass to avoid muddy tracks and achieve a lush look.
- Between Pavers: Incorporate artificial grass between pavers or slabs, creating designs like checkerboards or simple strips for a softened hardscape.
- Feature Walls & Furniture: Decorate garden walls or outdoor furniture like pouffes with turf for unique aesthetics.
- Pet-Friendly Zones: Designate areas with artificial grass for pets, ensuring a clean and mud-free space.
- Creative Landscaping: Play with shapes, contours, and designs using artificial grass to accentuate garden features.
- Outdoor Dining & Lounging: Set up dining or seating areas on artificial grass, ensuring a comfortable and maintenance-free zone.
Does artificial grass get hot?
Artificial grass can indeed become warm, especially during sunny days, but advancements in turf technology have addressed this concern. Modern synthetic grass can significantly reduce surface temperatures, making it more comfortable during hot weather. These innovations, combined with strategic shading and occasional watering, ensure that the turf remains cooler and safe for use even on the hottest days.
How long does artificial grass last?
15-30 years if proper maintenance is conducted
Artificial grass vs real grass?
- Maintenance: Requires minimal upkeep; no mowing, watering, or fertilising.
- Durability: Resistant to heavy foot traffic and doesn't develop brown spots or bald patches.
- Cost: Higher initial investment, but can be cost-effective in the long run due to reduced maintenance costs.
- Appearance: Consistently green and well-manicured year-round.
- Safety: Can get hot in direct sunlight but is made from non-toxic materials safe for kids and pets.
- Lifespan: Depending on quality and usage, can last 15-25 years or more.
- Maintenance: Requires regular mowing, watering, fertilizing, and potential pest control.
- Durability: Can be affected by heavy foot traffic, pests, and weather conditions.
- Cost: Lower initial cost but ongoing expenses for maintenance.
- Appearance: Natural beauty that can vary with seasons; may go dormant or brown in adverse conditions.
- Environmental Impact: Positive in terms of carbon capture, but regular watering and potential use of pesticides can have environmental costs.
- Safety: Naturally cool and non-toxic, but some may have allergies to certain grass types.
- Lifespan: Indefinite with proper care, but may require occasional reseeding or patching.
At Daisy's, we provide both high-quality lawn seed for real lawns as well as top-tier artificial turf, ensuring our customers have the best options to suit their needs.
Can artificial grass be laid on soil?
Yes it can, but it important to take specific steps when laying it which can be shown in our guide here.
How to clean fake grass from dog urine?
- Immediate Action: As soon as you notice your dog's accident, blot the area with kitchen towels to absorb as much urine as possible. This prevents the urine from seeping deep into the turf.
- Regular Rinsing: Periodically hose down the grass with clean water, especially focusing on areas your dog frequents. This helps in diluting and washing away the urine.
- Natural Cleaning Solution: For an eco-friendly cleaning method, prepare a solution by mixing equal parts of vinegar and water. Spray this mixture on affected areas to naturally disinfect and neutralise odours.
- Enzyme-Based Cleaners: For tougher stains or persistent odours, consider using an enzyme-based cleaner. These cleaners contain active enzymes and bacteria that target and break down ammonia odours from the urine.
- Deep Cleaning: At least once a month, give your artificial grass a thorough cleaning. remove any debris, rake the grass to stand the blades upright, and then hose it down generously.
- Persistent Odours: If odours linger, sprinkle baking soda over the turf or use a designated turf deodoriser. These can help trap and neutralise any remaining smells.